History of Melancon Pharmacy
Melancon Pharmacy was founded by the late Edmond Melancon, Jr., in 1953 at 206 N. Church Street in Carencro. Ed and his wife, the former Rowena Guilbeau, had four children, two daughters and two sons. Edmond (Eddie) Melancon III and David Melancon, followed in their father's footsteps and chose pharmacy as their career path. Eddie graduated from pharmacy school in 1978 from UL-Monroe and joined his father at the Church Street location that same year. David completed his pharmacy education at the same university in 1985 and joined the family business in 1992.
After providing service at the Church Street location for 55 years, David and Eddie decided it was time to move the business to a larger facility. The new facility opened for business on September 22, 2008, at 730 Veteran's Drive in Carencro. We look forward to continuing to serve our customers for many years to come.